Some people feel comfortable about leaving this responsibility to the family, while others prefer to be a little more organised by planning and even paying for their funeral ahead of time.
There are many advantages in planning ahead:
- To relieve some of the emotional stress on your family
- To reduce the financial burden that the cost of a funeral may present.
- Planning ahead gives you the opportunity to create a meaningful funeral ceremony — one that reflects who you are and what was significant for you throughout your life.
- A ceremony that gives those left behind something to remember and cherish, easing their pain of loss and grief.
A Pre-Planning meeting provides you with the opportunity to consider the wide range of options available in funeral planning today. This meeting can take place in the comfort and privacy of our premises, or alternatively at your home whichever is more convenient for you.
Your preferences for your funeral will be recorded and the costs calculated at the time of the meeting. You can leave this arrangement with our funeral consultant and be assured that when the time comes, all your personal details and preferences for your funeral will be carried out according to your wishes.
Pre-planning a funeral means that you choose the type and style of funeral service you want and decide how much you want to invest in advance.
Here are some important issues you may want to consider in pre-planning your funeral:
- The type and style of funeral you prefer.
- Whether you want to be buried or cremated.
- Which cemetery or crematorium you prefer.
- Your choice of style of coffin or casket.
- Your choice of flowers, music and other symbols.
- Any other special features you would like included in the service.
- Placing death and funeral notices in newspapers.
- The type of mourning vehicles you may require.
- How much you wish to invest in your funeral.
Pre-paying for a funeral is also something we can help with. Having a funeral pre-arranged or pre-paid can provide peace of mind that matters will be taken care of without being a burden on others in the family.
- Simply pay the full amount of the funeral now. There will be no additional costs.
- If you prefer, you can pay instalments over three years in monthly or quarterly payments. There will be no additional costs once the funeral has been fully paid.
Your Money Is Held Safely In Trust
Pre-paid funds are not held by Gregory and Carr Funerals, nor are the funds in the control of our funeral home or related parties.
Prepaid funds are held in trust by Funeral Plan Management Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lifeplan Australia Friendly Socieity Ltd, who have been servicing the financial needs of Australians for over 150 years. It is one of the largest Friendly Societies within Australia with assets and funds under management exceeding $1 billion.